Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Daily Reading Assignment- 1-14

I liked the article packet on reluctant readers. I've always loved to read, so hearing the reasons why others don't like to read were very interesting to me. I've always agreed with letting your students choose which book to read (from a preapproved list). This gives them freedom and power in their education. I wasn't really a fan of the Wong poems. I usually enjoy poetry, but I never hooked into the subject matter. I was a big fan on how she used spacing to create a dramatic effect. This is something I thought I could apply in my own writings.

Crowe, Chris. “Young Adult Literature: What is Young Adult Literature.” The English Journal 88.1 (Sept. 1998): 120-122.

Crowe, Chris. “Young Adult Literature: Rescuing Reluctant Readers.” The English Journal 88.5 (May 1999): 113-116.

Crowe, Chris. “Young Adult Literature: Dear Teachers: Please Help My Kids Become Readers.” The English Journal 89.1 (Sept. 1999): 139-142.

Wong, Janet. Behind the Wheel: Poems about Driving. New York: McElderry, 1999

No comments: